Going through some old files from the university days, this from ca. 2004. I am not sure if this is something I came up with myself, or copied from somewhere. What I do know is that I lost my path somewhere along the lines, but still kind of always stayed true to these ideas.
“Ten statements about where I want to go in the future, apply what I have learned (ten steps to get in touch with the child inside. It’s all part of a bigger picture…):
* Ask lots of questions. Be inquisitive, be curious – acquire knowledge.
* Find an imaginary friend, and share your experiences with them.
* Play and laugh. Have fun and enjoy yourself. Be happy.
* Allow your imagination to run free. Then run along with it.
* Speak your mind and be honest. With yourself and with others.
* Get excited about little things. Find amusement in the trivial.
* Explore and discover new things every day.
* Speak in simple terms, there’s no need to add complexity to make yourself understood.
* Refuse to go to bed – stay up late.
* Climb trees, jump in puddles – be silly.”
To put this in context, I was writing a thesis about creativity and self-promotion and made a mini-me action figure. Still relevant, I feel 🙂